The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston is dedicated to improving the health and welfare of all infants, children, and adolescents.
Mohinder Thapar, MD, FACC, FAAP
BS: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery , Government Medical College, Punjab University, Patiala (Punjab), India
DCH: Diploma in Child Health, Safdarjang Hospital, Delhi University, New Delhi, India
MD: Pediatrics, Safdarjang Hospital, Delhi University, New Delhi, India
Resident in Anesthesia (5-63 - 12/63), Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, India
Residency: Pediatrics, Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, India
Residency: Pediatrics: University of Tennessee, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
Fellowship: Cardio-Pulmonary Unit, St. Jude Children's Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee
Fellowship: Pediatric Cardiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
Research Fellowship: Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Board Certified - American Board of Pediatrics, Sub Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Resident and Student Education
Refereed Original Articles in Journals:
- Gillette, P.C., Thapar, M.K., Zinner, A.J., McNamara, D.G.: Effect of age and heart rate on the conduction of sinus node impulses to the ventricle. Texas Heart Institute J. 9:16, 1982.
- Rao, P.S., Thapar, M.K.: The AFORMED phenomenon: A proposed etiology. Amer. J. Card. 52:655, 1983.
- Rao, P.S., Thapar, M.K., Harp, R.J.: Racial variations in electrocardiogram and vectorcardiogram between black and white children and their genesis. J., Electrocardio. 17:239, 1984.
- Rao, P.S., Thapar, M.K.: Influence of race and sex on echocardiographic measurements in children. J. Cardiovasc. Ultrasound. 3:75, 1984.
- Thapar, M.K., and Young, E.J.: Urban outbreak of goat cheese brucellosis. Pediatr. Infect. Dis. 5:640, 1986.
- Rao, P.S., Najjar, H., Thapar, M.K., Mardini, M.K.: Immediate and long-term results of balloon angioplasty of native coarctation of aorta. Am. Heart J. 115:657-64, 1988.
- Rao, P.S., Thapar, M.K., Kutayli, F., Carey, P.: Causes of recoarctation after angioplasty of unopened aortic coarctation. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 13:109-15, 1989.
- Thapar, M.K., Rao, P.S.: Significance of infundibular obstruction following balloon valvuloplasty for valvar pulmonic stenosis. A. Heart J. 118:99-103, 1989.
- Rao, P.S., Thapar, M.K., Wilson, A.D., Levy, J.M., Chopra, P.S.: Intermediate-term follow-up results of balloon aortic valvuloplasty in infants and children with special reference to causes of restenosis. Amer. J. Card. 64:1356-1360, 1989.
- Thapar, M.K., Rao, P.S.: Use of propranolol for severe dynamic infundibular obstruction prior to balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty (A brief communication). Cath. And Cardiovas. Diag. 19:240-241, 1990.
- Rao, P.S., Thapar, M.K., Galal, O., Wilson, A.D.: Follow-up results of balloon angioplasty of native coarctation in neonates and infants. Am. Heart J. 120:1310-4, 1990.
- Thapar, M.K., Riff, E., Halees, Z.: Intrapulmonary agenesis of venous system and bronchopulmonary arterial anastomosis. Brit. Heart J. 66:182-184, 1991.
- Ewer, M.S., Ali, M.K., Gibbs, H.R., Graff, K.L., Cangir, A., Jaffi, N., Thapar, M.K.: Cardiac diastolic function in pediatric patients receiving doxorubicin. Acta Oncol. 33:645-649, 1994.
- Lewin, M.B., Towbin, J.A., Thapar, M.K., Dreyer, W.J., Feltes, T.: The rare association of tetralogy of fallot with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: Report of two neonatal cases. Texas heart Inst. J. 24:215-217, 1997.
- Doyle, N., Mastrobattista, J., Thapar, M.K., Lantin-Hermoso, M.R.: Perinatal Pseudo-Coarctation: Echocardiographic Findings in Cerbral Vein of Galen Malformation. J of Ultrasound Med. In Press, 2004
- Thapar, M.K., and Rao, P.S. “Mechanics of balloon valvuloplasty and angioplasty” in book title: “Transcatheter Therapy in Pediatric Cardiology” edited by Rao, P.S., 1993; pages 45-58. A publication of A. John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Rao, P.S., Thapar, M.K. “Balloon dilatation of other congenital and acquired stenotic lesions of the cardiovascular system” in book title: “Transcatheter Therapy in Pediatric Cardiology” edited by Rao, P.S., 1993, pages 275-320. A publication of A. John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030
- Mohinder Thapar, MD, FACC, FAAP
- Department of Pediatrics
Division of Cardiology
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
6431 Fannin Street, MSB 3.126
Houston, Texas 77030
- phone: (713) 500-5742
e-mail: Mohinder.Thapar@ uth.tmc.edu