The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston is dedicated to improving the health and welfare of all infants, children, and adolescents.
Dr. Adelaide A. Hebert
M.D., Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Residency, Dermatology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Fellowship, Pediatric Dermatology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Pediatric dermatology
- Atopic dermatitis
- Cutaneous fungal infections
- Insect repellants
- Legislation limiting clinical research in pediatric patients
- Hebert AA, Ralston J. Cutaneous Reactions to Anticonvulsant Medications. J Clin Psychiatry 62(suppl 14):22-26, 2001.
- Friedlander SF, Hebert AA, Allen DB. Fluticasone Pediatrics Safety Study Group. Safety of fluticasone propionate cream 0.05% for the treatment of severe and extensive atopic dermatitis in children as young as 3 months. J Amer Acad Dermatol 2002 Mar 46(3):387-393.
- Hebert AA, Bogle M. Intravenous immunoglobulin prophylaxis for recurrent Stevens-Johnson syndrome. J Am Acad Dermatol; 50:286-8, 2004.
- Hebert AA, Friedlander SF, Allen DB. Topical fluticasone propionate lotion does not commonly cause HPA axis suppression. J Pediatr 2006 Sep; 149(3):378-382.
- Miller J, Bangert S, Clanton D, Hebert AA. The history of steroids (poster). Texas Dermatological Society meeting - San Antonio, TX, October 20 - 22, 2006.
- Spergel JM, Boguniewicz M, Paller AS, Hebert AA, et al. Treatment of severe atopic dermatitis with combination of a topical steroid (fluticasone cream 0.05%) and a topical calcineurin inhibitor (pimecrolimus cream 1%). Br J Dermatol (in press).
- Vu J, Bangert S, Hebert AA. Association of polio and skin cancer: a case study (poster). American Academy of Dermatology meeting, Washington DC, February 2 - 7, 2007.
- Katz T, Miller J, Hebert AA. Insect repellents: historical perspectives and new developments (poster). American Academy of Dermatology meeting, Washington DC, February 2 - 7, 2007.
- Bangert S, Hebert AA. Surgical treatment of Calcinosis cutis in juvenile Dermatomyositis (poster). American Academy of Dermatology meeting, February 2 - 7, 2007.
Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030
- Dr. Adelaide A. Hebert
- Departments of Dermatology and Pediatrics
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
6655 Travis, HMC 600
Houston, Texas 77030
- phone: (713) 500-8260
fax: (713) 524-3432
e-mail: Adelaide.A.Hebert@ uth.tmc.edu