The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston is dedicated to improving the health and welfare of all infants, children, and adolescents.
Dr. Michael Gambello
B.S.: Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA
M.D., Ph.D: University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry , Rochester, NY
Residency: Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Fellowship: Metropolitan Washington DC Medical Genetics- NIH/NHGRI
Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Medical Genetics, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Diagnosis and management of genetic and metabolic disorders
- Mouse models of the neuropathology of tuberous sclerosis complex
- Genetics of Autism
- Toyo-Oka K, Hirotsune S, Gambello MJ, Zhou ZQ, Olson L, Rosenfeld MG, Eisenman R, Hurlin P, Wynshaw-Boris A Loss of the Max-interacting protein Mnt in mice results in decreased viability, defective embryonic growth and craniofacial defects: relevance to Miller-Dieker syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2004 May 15;13(10):1057-67. Epub 2004 Mar 17.
- Toyo-oka K, Shionoya A, Gambello MJ, Cardoso C, Leventer R, Ward HL, Ayala R, Tsai LH, Dobyns W, Ledbetter D, Hirotsune S, Wynshaw-Boris, A. 14-3-3e is important for neuronal migration by binding to NUDEL: a molecular explanation for Miller-Dieker syndrome. Nature Genetics 34(3): 274-285, 2003.
- Scheel JR, Garrett LJ, Allen DM, Carter TA, Randolph-Moore L, Gambello MJ, Gage FH, Wynshaw-Boris A, Barlow C: An inbred 129SvEv GFPCre transgenic mouse that deletes loxP-flanked genes in all tissues. Nuclei Acids Research. 31, (10): e57, 2003.
- Gambello MJ, Darling DL, Yingling J, Tanaka T, Gleeson JG, Wynshaw-Boris: Multiple dose dependent effects of Lis1 on cerebral cortical development. Journal of Neuroscience 23(5):1719-29, 2003.
- Royal SJ, Gambello MJ, Wynshaw-Boris A, Key B, Clarris HJ: Laminar disorganization of mitral cells in the olfactory bulb does not affect topographic targeting of primary olfactory axons. Brain Res. 932(1-2):1-9, 2002.
Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030
- Dr. Michael Gambello
- Department of Pediatrics
Division of Genetics
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
6431 Fannin Street, MSB 3.144
Houston, Texas 77030
- phone: (713) 500-5760
fax: (713) 500-5689
e-mail: Michael.J.Gambello@ uth.tmc.edu