The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston is dedicated to improving the health and welfare of all infants, children, and adolescents.
Elenir Avritscher, MD, PhD, MBA/MHA
MD: Univeristy of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PhD, Health Economics: University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX
MBA/MHA: University of Houston, Clearlake, TX
- Avritscher EBC, Shih TY, Sun CC, Gralla RJ, Grunberg SM, Xu Y, Elting LS. Cost-Utility Analysis of Palonosetron-Based Therapy in Preventing Emesis among Breast Cancer Patients. Journal of Supportive Oncology, 2010; 8 (6):242-251.
- Cooksley CD, Avritscher EBC, Rolston KV, Elting LS. Hospitalizations for Infection in Cancer Patients: Impact of an Aging Population. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2009; 17(5):547-54.
- Svatek RS, Avritscher EBC, Elting LS, Dinney CP. High-Risk Populations and Cystectomy Outcomes. Journal of Urology, 2009; 182(1):10-11.
- Elting LS, Cooksley CD, Bekele BN, Giordano SH, Shih YCT, Lovell KK, Avritscher EBC, Theriault R. Mammography Capacity: Impact on Screening Rates and Breast Cancer Stage at Diagnosis. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2009; 37(2):102-8.
- Cooksley CD, Avritscher EBC, Grossman HB, Sabichi AL, Dinney CP, Pettaway C, Elting LS. A Clinical Model of the Cost of Bladder Cancer in the Elderly. Urology, 2008; 71(3): 519-525.
- Elting LS, Avritscher EBC, Cooksley CD, Cardenas-Turanzas M, Garden AS, Chambers MS. Psychosocial and Economic Impact of Cancer. Dental Clinics of North America. 2008; 52(1):231-52.
- Elting LS, Lu C, Escalante CP, Giordano SH, Trent J, Cooksley CD, Avritscher EBC, Shih YCT, Ensor J, Bekele BN, Gralla R, Talcott JA, Rolston K. Outcomes and Cost of Outpatient or Inpatient Management of 712 Patients with Febrile Neturopenia. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2008; 26(4):606-11.
- Avritscher EBC, Cooksley CD, Geraci J, Bekele B, Cantor SB, Rolston K, Elting LS. Cost-Effectiveness of Influenza Vaccination in Working-Age Cancer Patients. Cancer, 2007; 109(11):2357-64.
- Avritscher EBC, Cooksley CD, Grossman HB, Sabichi AL, Hamblin L, Dinney CP, Elting LS. Clinical Model of Lifetime Cost of Treating Bladder Cancer and Associated Complications. Urology, 2006; 68(3):549-53.
- Elting LS, Cooksley C, Bekele BN, Frumovitz M, Avritscher EBC, Sun C, Bodurka DC. Generalizability of cancer clinical trial results: prognostic differences between participants and non-participants. Cancer, 2006; 106(11):2452-8.
- Jones JA, Avritscher EBC, Cooksley CD, Michelet M, Bekele BN, Elting LS. Epidemiology of treatment-associated mucosal injury after treatment with newer regimens for lymphoma, breast, lung, or colorectal cancer. Support Care in Cancer. 2006; 14(6):505-15.
- Cooksley CD, Avritscher EBC, Bekele BN, Rolston KV, Geraci JM, Elting LS. Epidemiology and outcomes of serious influenza-related infections in the cancer population. Cancer, 2005; 104(3):618-28.
- Elting LS, Pettaway C, Bekele BN, Grossman HB, Cooksley C, Avritscher EBC, Saldin K, Dinney CP. Correlation between annual volume of cystectomy, professional staffing, and outcomes: a statewide, population-based study. Cancer, 2005; 104(5):975-84.
- Avritscher EBC, Cooksley C, Elting LS. Scope and Epidemiology of Cancer Therapy-induced Oral and Gastrointestinal Mucositis. Seminars of Oncology Nursing, 2004; 20(1): 3-10.
- Avritscher EBC, Cantor SB, Shih YCT, Escalante CP, Rivera E, Elting LS. Cost-Minimization Analysis of Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin (Dalteparin) Compared to Unfractionated Heparin for Inpatient Treatment of Cancer Patients with Deep Venous Thrombosis. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2004; 12(7):531-6.
- Elting LS, Escalante CP, Cooksley C, Avritscher EBC, Kurtin D, Hamblin L, Gupta S, Rivera E. Outcomes and Cost of Deep Venous Thrombosis among Patients with Cancer. Archives of Internal Medicine, 2004; 164(15):1653-61.
- Elting LS, Cooksley CD, Murakami Y, Avritscher EBC. Public Health Use of Inpatient Discharge Data: A Case Study of Reducing Burdens of Acute Respiratory Diseases in Texas with a Targeted Immunization Program. Texas Public Health Association Journal, 2004; 56(2):3-9.
- Chau Q, Cantor SB, Caramel, EB, Hicks M, Kurtin D, Grover T, Elting LS. Cost-Effectiveness of the Bird's Nest Filter for Preventing Pulmonary Embolism Among Patients with Malignant Brain Tumors and Deep Venous Thrombosis of the Lower Extremities. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2003; 11(12):795-799.
Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030
- Elenir Avritscher, MD, PhD, MBA/MHA
- Department of Pediatrics
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
Center for Clinical Research and Evidence-Based Medicine
6431 Fannin Street, MSB 2.106
Houston, Texas 77030
- phone: (713) 500-5756
fax: (713) 500-0519
e-mail: Elenir.B.Caramel@ uth.tmc.edu